Are you eligible for subsidised training?
Smart and Skilled provides government-subsidised training and higher-level courses to help you get skills to find a job and advance your career.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- An entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- Government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
Am I eligible?
- 15 years old or over?
- no longer at school?
- living or working in NSW?
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen?
If you answered ‘Yes' to all four questions, you're eligible for Smart and Skilled training.
Other eligibility conditions
- Your eligibility is not affected if you have completed a vocational education and training (VET) course, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship, as part of your high school education.
- There are also some exceptions to the eligibility conditions described above, such as for Aboriginal people.
- Funding is subject to availability
- Entry requirements apply for all qualifications
- Previous qualifications achieved do not affect eligibility but may affect the student fee.
How do I obtain a USI?
A USI is your individual education number for life. It also gives you an online record of your vocational education and training (VET) undertaken in Australia. If you're participating in nationally recognised training, you need a USI. Getting a Unique Student Identifier (USI) is quick, easy, and free. Follow the steps from the USI website.
If you or someone you know could benefit from Smart and Skilled, Master Builders can assist with your enquiries. To find out if you are eligible to access subsidised training, contact Master Builders Education and Skills Development. For more information about Smart and Skilled visit the website.
Phone: (02) 8586 3588