These Master Builders Site Safety Awards provide contractors with an excellent opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to fulfilling statutory WHS requirements on projects, with entries judged by both MBA specialist staff and SafeWork NSW representatives.
Projects must be under construction to be eligible for judging. Entries close on Friday 14 August 2020. If your project is likely to be completed prior to this date please call David Solomon on 0420 227 060 to arrange for an earlier site visit for judging.
Download the PDF entry form below. Closing date is Friday 14 August 2020.
MBA NSW Members $550 (inc GST)
Non-Members $880 (inc GST)
Entry: This is your actual entry submission
Provide evidence of one or more of the following:
- New controls;
- Development of a new safety innovation;
- Demonstrate elimination and minimisation of risk;
- Consultation with workers and/or other Persons Conducting Business or Undertaking (PCBU’s);
- formerly known as sub-contractors.
- Provide a selection of five professional quality digital images via a link or USB. This is mandatory.
Verification: This is what the judges may review to assess your entry
Entries may be subject to the following forms of verification:
- Review of documentation;
- Supplementary information;
- Site visit by the judges;
- Interview by the judges.
Criteria: This is a summary of your entry to be no longer than 2-3 pages
- Nominate an example of High Risk Construction Work (HRCW) included in your submission;
- Describe the process of selecting a control for this HRCW;
- Describe the implementation of the control;
- Describe any evaluation and the reduction of risk undertaken.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please read all conditions and sign the authorisation prior to submitting entry.
- The competition is open to any company or project manager operating in the building and construction industry in NSW.
- One entry per form.
- Winning entries in previous MBA of NSW Awards may not be re-entered.
- The judges reserve the right to determine whether any entry has been entered in the relevant division/price category and to transfer entries into the division/price category which they deem appropriate.
- The judges reserve the right to determine the eligibility of an entry.
- The entrant must obtain assurance of the owner’s cooperation in regard to access for judging.
- Judges must have access to the building at any time on the day specified for judging.
- Each entry form must be completed in full, giving all details required, including any penalty notices, prosecutions or fines issued to the project being judged by a relevant regulatory authority or court.
- Details of entries can be published only if suitable material is provided.
- Each entry may be published in the media providing suitable material is supplied. Entry in the competition does not, however, automatically ensure exposure in the media.
- The MBA of NSW reserves the right to refuse any entry.
- All entries must be located in New South Wales.
- All documents, including photography, submitted remain the property of the MBA of NSW, unless otherwise specified.
- Judges' decisions are final. No correspondence will be entered into by the judges. A winner may not necessarily be declared in all categories.