Members of the Strata Inspection Panel must:
- adhere to the Master Builder’s Code of Ethics and Fair Business Practice,
- act in the public interest above all other interests when performing their building inspector role,
- comply with relevant laws The Home Building Act 1989, or any standards related to the building inspector role,
- comply with the Master Builder’s Association and the Master Builder’s Association Consultant Groups membership criteria,
- maintain their abilities, skills and knowledge necessary to perform the building inspector role,
- take reasonable steps to avoid any conflict of interest (real or apparent) in connection with their building inspector role and to disclose and manage conflicts of interest immediately upon the building inspector becoming aware of a conflict,
- act diligently, competently, fairly and with honesty and integrity.
*The SIP Code of Conduct satisfies the requirements of the Secretary. See the NSW Fair Trading publication:
GUIDELINE SECRETARY’S PROCESS- Arranging the appointment of building inspectors from Authorised professional associations (Strata inspector panel) for Strata building bond and inspections scheme” (the Guideline).