20 054 540 395
Building Diagnosis Centre Pty Ltd
188 Warringah Road
Beacon Hill NSW 2100
- Dip.Build & Const (TAFE /MBA).
- M.Design (UTS).
- GradDip.Design (UTS).
- GradCert.Design (UTS).
- Heritage Arch. Cert (ITS).
- MBA Seminars & Consultants’ Workshops.
- Licensed Builder N0 38673-1976/1987 current.
- Lic’d Asbestos Cert 206476AS2 (Work Cover).
Summary of relevant project experience
- 1976 - Master Builders Association of NSW N0-39720
- 1997 - Building Designers Association Australia N0-0462-97
- 1997 - Australian Institute of Building N0-5921
- 1997 - National Building Professional Register L2 N0-5921
- 2010 - Institution of Engineers Australia N0-5253904 (Affill)
- 2016 - 2020 Building Code Committee Member: Australian Building Code Board.
- 46 years building and construction experience as a licensed master builder (since 1976), ongoing education as a building designer (since 1997) and as a professional chartered and accredited building consultant (since 1987).
- Have inspected and prepared general and expert reports for deteriorating and premature damage in buildings and construction throughout my career.
- Involve as an expert in building disputes and litigation (CTTT, NCAT, local, district and supreme courts).
- Provided approximately 4,000 building inspection reports for all Class buildings and structures.
- Expertise in Class 2 residential strata unit buildings, regarding defective waterproofing, water ingress and spalling concrete issues. Some examples are:
- Reinforcement steel without proper concrete protection to cantilever balconies drip-groove in the soffit;
- Waterproof balconies and flashings at balcony doorways, and roof slab waterproofing;
- Water ingress causing corrosion of internal surfaces and late-life extensive spalling concrete;
- Improper attempts to rectify the ingress of corrosive salts in concrete, allowing spalling concrete to return include outbreaks occurring elsewhere;
- Facade painting that does not have proper prepared concrete surfaces prior to undercoating and apply waterproof protection coats, allow water ingress;
- Protective coating thickness during the application not tested by supervisors;
- Premature failure of waterproofing membrane (both liquid and sheet applied) caused by lack of supervision during the process of the work.
A detailed CV can be provided on request - www.buildingdiagnosis.com.au
Do you inspect buildings over 25 metres in height?