Master Builders Association NSW has established a Strata Inspection Panel (SIP). This is in response to the Strata Scheme Management Act 2015 for identified building industry organisations to prepare, establish and maintain a Strata Inspection Panel for Class 2 and 3 Buildings.
Any member interested in being included on the MBA SIP Panel will need to:
- Be a member of the MBA and the MBA Consultants Group
- Successfully complete the SIP Workshop
- Have current Professional Indemnity Insurance
The SIP Workshop will take place on Friday September 16 and Saturday September 17, 2022. Workshop numbers are limited so you are encouraged to apply no later than Monday August 29, 2022. This will be the final workshop for 2022.
Course and venue details.
- Dates: Friday September 16 and Saturday September 17, 2022.
- Time: 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Venue: Hotel Urban, St Leonards, 194 Pacific Hwy (corner Bellevue and Pacific Hwy), Greenwich NSW, 2065.
- Cost : $3,300.00 (inclusive of GST)
What the course will cover
This two-day course will cover a number of topics including:
- The relevant provisions under the Strata Scheme Management Act 2015 and the Strata Schemes Management Regulations 2016.
- the Strata Building Bond and Inspection Scheme.
- The role of the Master Builders Association of NSW.
- The role, powers and obligations of the building inspector.
- The relevant provisions of the Home Building Act 1989 and the Design and Building Practitioners Act 2020.
- The Interim and Final Inspection Process including:
- Scope of the inspection,
- Defective building work,
- The inspection area and the scope of inspections,
- Recording defective building work,
- The Strata Hub and “SBBIS Inspect”, and
- Relevant Australian Standards.
- Inspection/fee agreements including the engagement of specialists
- Completing reports at the various stages.
At the successful completion of the course, applicants will be included on the MBA SIP Panel and can be appointed by developers and the Secretary of NSW Fair Trading to carry out building inspector functions for the purpose of the Strata Building Bond and Inspections Scheme.
What you need to do.
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply with all the necessary information and applications forms. All workshop material will be provided on the day and a final agenda will be issued prior to the workshop.
For specific workshop enquiries, please contact George Zakos at email@example.com or 9427 1777.