Education and training is set to play a pivotal role in our economic recovery. To support the growth of our industry, Master Builders has secured more training subsidies. Under the NSW Government’s Smart and Skilled program, the subsidised places are in key building and construction qualifications. There has never been a better time to invest in the development of your skills and knowledge.
"If you want to get your contractor or building licence, start your own business, or get a promotion, Master Builders has the training you need. We now have access to more subsidised places in a range of our Certificate III and Certificate IV qualifications. With these affordable opportunities, now is the time to take the next step in your career" says Craig Donovan, Director of Operations Master Builders NSW.
Not only are our training subsidies available in Sydney, but they also extend to our regional areas. With access to our online learning and virtual classrooms, there is no reason why you can't take part in a course from anywhere at anytime.
About Smart and Skilled:
Smart and Skilled is a NSW Department of Education initiative. It provides financial assistance to participants in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It is designed to help people in NSW get the skills, knowledge and qualifications they need to find a job and advance their careers. Smart and Skilled provides eligible participants with government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III, Certificate IV and above in targeted priority areas.
Master Builders offer subsidised places* in the following courses to eligible Smart and Skilled participants:
- CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
- MSF31113 Certificate III in Cabinet Making
- CPC30611 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
- CPC30318 Certificate III in Concreting
- CPC31411 Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- CPC40110 Certificate IV Building and Construction (Building)
- CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
- BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
About Skilling for Recovery:
Skilling for Recovery is a recent addition to the Smart and Skilled program, providing fee-free training. The key focus areas of Skilling for Recovery are:
- to provide entry-level training for people looking to re-enter the workforce or who are looking for job security,
- to support people who are at risk of unemployment due to a downturn of work or hours,
- to boost the education opportunities of youth (17 to 24 years of age).
If you or someone you know matches one or more of these criteria, Master Builders can help facilitate access to Skilling for Recovery.
To find out if you are eligible to access subsidised or fee-free training, contact Master Builders Education and Skills Development.
Phone: (02) 8586 3588
*This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Subject to availability and eligibility criteria.