Asbestos is a health and safety hazard that can be found in ceiling tiles, floor tiles, roofing shingles, eaves, pipes and in showers.
Ensure you are safe and ensure the safety of your team working with asbestos removal.
This 1-day course is designed to train participants in instructing and monitoring workers on a job site to ensure that they are correctly handling, removing and disposing of asbestos-containing materials correctly.
You will also learn about appropriate record-keeping and reporting processes.
Master Builders is an approved SafeWork NSW asbestos training provider for unit code CPCCBC4051A Supervise asbestos removal.
It is recommended that you complete Remove Non-Friable Asbestos prior to this course.
- 1 day of attendance
- 8:30am arrival for 9:00am start
- Until 4:30pm
- Please check with your regional office to confirm the course schedule.
*If you are attending a classroom training program, you will be required to follow NSW Government COVID-19 rules in place at the time of your course. For further information please refer to our COVID-19 Safety plan in the dropdown menu below.
Price$375.00 Members $488.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Norwest Education Centre
5 Burbank Place
Norwest NSW 2153
Short course classroom training and assessment.
8:30am arrival for 9:00am start. Until 4:00pm.
Ideal for anyone working in the building and construction industry. To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Hold a statement of attainment for CPCCDE3014A Remove non-friable asbestos OR CPCCDE3015A Remove friable asbestos
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as SafeWork NSW requires that assessment is undertaken in English
- Provide 100 points of original identification
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Plan for asbestos removal
- Prepare site for removal
- Oversee the removal and decontamination process
- Supervise and support team members
- Supervise testing, compliance and documentation in consultation with the licensed asbestos assessor and the licensed asbestos removalist
Upon successful completion Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency, CPCCBC4051A Supervise asbestos removal.
Master Builders Association provide the Nationally recognised units of competency required to meet part of the NSW Fair Trading criteria to apply for a Licence.
For licensing information and additional evidence requirements for a licence - please contact SafeWork NSW on 131 050 or go to https://www.safework.nsw.gov.au/licences-and-registrations/licences/asbestos
Please also check the SafeWork NSW Applicant guide for asbestos licences and notifications
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
We have a COVID-19 Safety Plan to provide and maintain a safe environment for our students. All students who attend our Master Builders centres must adhere to the following regulations as a condition of entry:
- All students, trainers, and staff must meet the following vaccination requirements to attend face to face training at Master Builders NSW:
- Have both COVID-19 vaccines or
- Evidence of a medical exemption
- Evidence of vaccination status or medical exemption must be provided to Master Builders staff on arrival at the centre
- Students, trainers, staff, and visitors are required to check in with the Services NSW App
- Students must sign an attendance sheet when they attend class
- Students, trainers, staff, and visitors must wear masks at all times inside the centre
- Sanitiser is supplied for students and trainers to sanitise their hands before they enter and leave the classroom and practical workstations
- Regular hand washing and good hygiene practices are encouraged
- Students are limited to one student per desk while in the classroom
- During practical training, students must wear gloves, a face mask and safety glasses at all times. Other PPE may be required depending on the task being undertaken
- During practical training, if work cannot be done individually due to safety issues, group work must be limited to a maximum of three students per group and only for the duration of the activity that cannot be done individually. Groups must adhere to all the PPE requirements indicated for practical training and must maintain 1.5m social distancing with other groups.
- Students will not be permitted to share tools and equipment, and are encouraged to bring their own where possible
If you would like a full copy of our COVID-19 safety plan, ask our receptionist on entry to class.