Asbestos is a health and safety hazard that can be found in ceiling tiles, floor tiles, roofing shingles, eaves, pipes and in showers.
Ensure you are safe and ensure the safety of your team working with asbestos removal.
This 1-day course is designed to train participants in instructing and monitoring workers on a job site to ensure that they are correctly handling, removing and disposing of asbestos-containing materials correctly.
You will also learn about appropriate record-keeping and reporting processes.
Master Builders is an approved SafeWork NSW asbestos training provider for unit code CPCCDE4008 Supervise asbestos removal.
It is recommended that you complete Remove Non-Friable Asbestos prior to this course.
- 1 day of attendance
- 8:30am arrival for 9:00am start
- Until 4:30pm
- Please check with your regional office to confirm the course schedule.
Price$375.00 Members $488.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Norwest Education Centre
5 Burbank Place
Norwest NSW 2153
Short course classroom training and assessment.
8:30am arrival for 9:00am start. Until 4:00pm.
Ideal for anyone working in the building and construction industry. To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Hold a statement of attainment for CPCCDE3014 Remove non-friable asbestos and/or CPCCDE3015 Remove friable asbestos plus CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as SafeWork NSW requires that assessment is undertaken in English
- Bring original identification on the morning of the course
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Plan for asbestos removal
- Prepare site for removal
- Oversee the removal and decontamination process
- Supervise and support team members
- Supervise testing, compliance and documentation in consultation with the licensed asbestos assessor and the licensed asbestos removalist
Upon successful completion Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency, CPCCDE4008 Supervise asbestos removal.
Master Builders Association provide the Nationally recognised units of competency required to meet part of the NSW Fair Trading criteria to apply for a Licence.
For licensing information and additional evidence requirements for a licence - please contact SafeWork NSW on 131 050 or go to https://www.safework.nsw.gov.au/licences-and-registrations/licences/asbestos
Please also check the SafeWork NSW Applicant guide for asbestos licences and notifications
STUDENT SAFETY PLAN
We have developed a Student Safety Plan to provide and maintain a safe environment for our students. All students who attend our Master Builders centres must adhere to the following conditions of entry:
- Entry is not permitted if students are feeling un-well and experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms. Please refer to theNSW Government Covid-19 testing and self-isolating guidelines for more information on symptons, testing and isolation.
- Students must sign an attendance sheet when they attend class.
- Students are limited to one student per desk while in the classroom. Students are required to wear a facemask when undertaking practical training in addition to observing the minimum PPE requirements in accordance with the task/s undertaken
- Sanitiser is supplied for students and trainers to sanitise their hands before they enter and leave the classroom and practical workstations.
- Regular hand washing and good hygiene practices are encouraged.
- Students should avoid sharing tools and equipment and are encouraged to bring their own where possible.