Asbestos is a health and safety hazard that can be found in ceiling tiles, floor tiles, roofing shingles, eaves, pipes and in showers. Ensure you are safe and ensure the safety of your team working with asbestos removal.
This short course will teach you to identify and dispose correctly of non-friable asbestos-containing materials found in structures or soils to minimise risk in the workplace. You will then also learn how to instruct and monitor workers on a job site to ensure that they are correctly and safely removing asbestos containing materials.
Ideal for anyone working in the building and construction industry.
Master Builders is an approved SafeWork NSW asbestos training provider for this Asbestos course.
- 3 days of attendance
- 8:15am arrival for 8:30am start
- Until 4:30pm each day
- Please check with your regional office to confirm the course schedule.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR FEE-FREE TRAINING?
The NSW Government and Master Builders are committed to supporting the economic recovery of NSW from the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Under the Skilling for Recovery program, Training Services NSW is providing fee-free* training places with Master Builders if you meet ONE of the following criteria:
- aged 17 to 24 years old OR
- unemployed OR
- don't hold a Certificate III or above qualification
Plus you must also meet all of the following Smart and Skilled criteria:
- live or work in NSW
- be an Australian Citizen, a permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen, or a humanitarian visa holder
- have left school
Master Builders can now offer fee-free* training places in entry-level inductions, safety courses and nationally accredited skillsets. The subsidies support 17-24 year olds, as well as career-changers and people at risk of unemployment due to a downturn of work.
Participants must commence training by 30 June 2021.
Click on the Register button to enrol today before places run out! If you believe that you are eligible for Skilling for Recovery subsidies, please select the "cheque" option at the payment page of the enrolment.
*This training is subsidised by the NSW Government Skilling for Recovery initiative. Subject to Smart and Skilled and Skilling for Recovery eligibility criteria. Participants must commence training by 30/06/2021. Limited places are available.
Price$1,105.00 Members $1,418.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Norwest Education Centre
5 Burbank Place
Norwest NSW 2153
Short course classroom training and assessment.
Three consecutive days.
8:15am arrival for 8:30am start. Until 4:30pm on each day.
There are no educational entry requirements for this course, however participants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as the assessments must be undertaken in English
- Bring original identification on the morning of the course according to a value of 100 points as per the Evidence of Identity documentation that will be provided on enrolment
- Be clean-shaven on the day of the course
This course has a pre-requisite unit CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry that must be completed at least three (3) days prior to the course date. Participants must provide this evidence in one of the following two methods to be able to commence training;
- Successfully complete the online Industry Safety Quiz which is provided by Master Builders following receipt of enrolment
- Submit a copy of your Statement of Attainment for unit CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry with your online enrolment
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Plan for asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- Isolate removal site
- Carry out the asbestos removal process
- Carry out the decontamination process
- Clean-up work site
- Contribute to and documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- Oversee the removal and decontamination process
- Supervise and support team members
- Supervise testing, compliance and documentation in consultation with the licensed asbestos assessor and the licensed asbestos removalist
Participants who successfully complete this nationally recognised unit of competency will be issued a Statement of Attainment for:
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- CPCCDE3014A Remove non-friable asbestos
- CPCCBC4051A Supervise asbestos removal
For licensing information and additional evidence requirements for a licence - please contact SafeWork NSW on 131 050 or visit the website.
Please also check the SafeWork NSW Applicant guide for asbestos licences and notifications.