First Aid is an essential life skill that is relevant to all workers that not only benefit you in the workplace but also in the home or everyday environments. This course is open to everyone, as you never know when you may need to provide first aid assistance to someone in trouble.
Prior to attending classroom training, participants must complete an online pre-course learning module. The online module is self-assessing and all questions are true/false and multiple choice style.
Participants renewing their First Aid certificate are exempt from completing the pre-course learning module. Master Builders must receive a copy of the certificate at the time of enrolment.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR FEE-FREE TRAINING?
The NSW Government and Master Builders are committed to supporting the economic recovery of NSW from the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Under the Skilling for Recovery program, Training Services NSW is providing fee-free* training places with Master Builders if you meet ONE of the following criteria:
- aged 17 to 24 years old OR
- unemployed OR
- don't hold a Certificate III or above qualification
Plus you must also meet all of the following Smart and Skilled criteria:
- live or work in NSW
- be an Australian Citizen, a permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen, or a humanitarian visa holder
- have left school
Master Builders can now offer fee-free* training places in entry-level inductions, safety courses and nationally accredited skillsets. The subsidies support 17-24 year olds, as well as career-changers and people at risk of unemployment due to a downturn of work.
Participants must commence training by 30 June 2021.
Click on the Register button to enrol today before places run out! If you believe that you are eligible for Skilling for Recovery subsidies, please select the "cheque" option at the payment page of the enrolment.
*This training is subsidised by the NSW Government Skilling for Recovery initiative. Subject to Smart and Skilled and Skilling for Recovery eligibility criteria. Participants must commence training by 30/06/2021. Limited places are available.
Price$175.00 Members $228.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Norwest Education Centre
5 Burbank Place
Norwest NSW 2153
Online and Classroom.
8:15am arrival for 8:30am start. Until 4:00pm.
To enrol into this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as assessment is undertaken in English
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Identifying risks and hazards
- WHS requirements and legal issues
- Incident/accident reporting
- The welfare of the casualty
- Infection, diseases and hygiene
- Examination of casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Provide first aid for injuries common on building and construction sites
Participants who successfully complete this course will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised units of competency:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid