Asbestos is a health and safety hazard that can be found in ceiling tiles, floor tiles, roofing shingles, eaves, pipes and in showers.
This short course will teach you to identify and dispose correctly of non-friable asbestos-containing materials found in structures or soils to minimise risk in the workplace.
Ideal for anyone working in the building and construction industry.
Master Builders is an approved SafeWork NSW asbestos training provider for unit code CPCCDE3014A Remove non-friable asbestos.
- 2 days of attendance
- 8:30am arrival for 9:00am start
- Until 4:30pm each day
- Please check with your regional office to confirm the course schedule.
*If you are attending a classroom training program, you will be required to follow NSW Government COVID-19 rules in place at the time of your course. For further information please refer to our COVID-19 Safety plan in the dropdown menu below.
Price$730.00 Members $930.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Norwest Education Centre
5 Burbank Place
Norwest NSW 2153
Short course classroom training and assessment.
8:30am arrival for 9:00am start. Until 4:00pm on each day.
There are no educational entry requirements for this course however participants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as the assessments must be undertaken in English
- Bring original identification on the morning of the course according to a value of 100 points as per the Evidence of Identity documentation that will be provided on enrolment
- Be clean-shaven on the day of the course
This course has a pre-requisite unit CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry that must be completed at least three (3) days prior to the course date. Participants must provide this evidence in one of the following two methods to be able to commence training;
- Successfully complete the online Industry Safety Quiz which is provided by Master Builders following receipt of enrolment
- Submit a copy of your Statement of Attainment for unit CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry with your online enrolment
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Plan for asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- Isolate removal site
- Carry out the asbestos removal process
- Carry out the decontamination process
- Clean-up work site
- Contribute to and documentation in line with regulatory requirements
Participants who successfully complete this nationally recognised unit of competency will be issued a Statement of Attainment for:
- CPCCDE3014A Remove non-friable asbestos
Master Builders Association provide the Nationally recognised units of competency required to meet part of the NSW Fair Trading criteria to apply for a Licence.
For licensing information and additional evidence requirements for a licence - please contact SafeWork NSW on 131 050 or go to https://www.safework.nsw.gov.au/licences-and-registrations/licences/asbestos
Please also check out the SafeWork NSW Applicant guide for asbestos licences and notifications
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
We have a COVID-19 Safety Plan to provide and maintain a safe environment for our students. All students who attend our Master Builders centres must adhere to the following regulations as a condition of entry:
- All students, trainers, and staff must meet the following vaccination requirements to attend face to face training at Master Builders NSW:
- Have both COVID-19 vaccines or
- Evidence of a medical exemption
- Evidence of vaccination status or medical exemption must be provided to Master Builders staff on arrival at the centre
- Students, trainers, staff, and visitors are required to check in with the Services NSW App
- Students must sign an attendance sheet when they attend class
- Students, trainers, staff, and visitors must wear masks at all times inside the centre
- Sanitiser is supplied for students and trainers to sanitise their hands before they enter and leave the classroom and practical workstations
- Regular hand washing and good hygiene practices are encouraged
- Students are limited to one student per desk while in the classroom
- During practical training, students must wear gloves, a face mask and safety glasses at all times. Other PPE may be required depending on the task being undertaken
- During practical training, if work cannot be done individually due to safety issues, group work must be limited to a maximum of three students per group and only for the duration of the activity that cannot be done individually. Groups must adhere to all the PPE requirements indicated for practical training and must maintain 1.5m social distancing with other groups.
- Students will not be permitted to share tools and equipment, and are encouraged to bring their own where possible
If you would like a full copy of our COVID-19 safety plan, ask our receptionist on entry to class.