Ensure that you learn how to safeguard yourself, your staff and your business from the risks associated with working at heights. Know how to correctly and safely put in place the necessary precautions to prevent serious injury.
This practical training takes place in our purpose-built education centre at Norwest. The training also includes classroom theory-based safety information and risk assessment. You will also learn about:
- Hazard reporting
- Harness inspection
- Communicating with others
- Use of anchor points
The Work Safely at Heights course is an invaluable skillset for anyone currently working in or new to the building and construction industry. If you would like to know more about work health and safety regulations, visit the SafeWork NSW website.
*If you are attending a classroom training program, you will be required to follow NSW Government COVID-19 rules in place at the time of your course. For further information please refer to our COVID-19 Safety plan in the dropdown menu below.
Price$299.00 Members $389.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Norwest Education Centre
5 Burbank Place
Norwest NSW 2153
IS THIS TRAINING FOR ME?
This training is for anyone working in the building and construction Industry. To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
• Be at least 15 years of age
• Have a Valid White Card (general construction induction card) issued after September 2009
• Be proficient in spoken and written English, as assessments must be undertaken in English
• Bring original identification on the morning of the course
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
1 day of theoretical and practical training.
8:30am arrival for 9:00am start. Until 4:00pm.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
As part of the course, in the morning of prior to the practical heights training, all participants must complete construction industry work health and safety training.
Participants who successfully complete this course will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised units of competency:
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
We have a COVID-19 Safety Plan to provide and maintain a safe environment for our students. All students who attend our Master Builders centres must adhere to the following regulations as a condition of entry:
- All students, trainers, and staff must meet the following vaccination requirements to attend face to face training at Master Builders NSW:
- Have both COVID-19 vaccines or
- Evidence of a medical exemption
- Evidence of vaccination status or medical exemption must be provided to Master Builders staff on arrival at the centre
- Students, trainers, staff, and visitors are required to check in with the Services NSW App
- Students must sign an attendance sheet when they attend class
- Students, trainers, staff, and visitors must wear masks at all times inside the centre
- Sanitiser is supplied for students and trainers to sanitise their hands before they enter and leave the classroom and practical workstations
- Regular hand washing and good hygiene practices are encouraged
- Students are limited to one student per desk while in the classroom
- During practical training, students must wear gloves, a face mask and safety glasses at all times. Other PPE may be required depending on the task being undertaken
- During practical training, if work cannot be done individually due to safety issues, group work must be limited to a maximum of three students per group and only for the duration of the activity that cannot be done individually. Groups must adhere to all the PPE requirements indicated for practical training and must maintain 1.5m social distancing with other groups.
- Students will not be permitted to share tools and equipment, and are encouraged to bring their own where possible
If you would like a full copy of our COVID-19 safety plan, ask our receptionist on entry to class.