Ensure that you learn how to safeguard yourself, your staff and your business from the risks associated with working at heights. Know how to correctly and safely put in place the necessary precautions to prevent serious injury.
This practical training takes place in our purpose-built education centre at Norwest. The training also includes classroom theory-based safety information and risk assessment. You will also learn about:
- Hazard reporting
- Harness inspection
- Communicating with others
- Use of anchor points
The Work Safely at Heights course is an invaluable skillset for anyone currently working in or new to the building and construction industry. If you would like to know more about work health and safety regulations, visit the SafeWork NSW website.
Price$299.00 Members $389.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Norwest Education Centre
5 Burbank Place
Norwest NSW 2153
IS THIS TRAINING FOR ME?
This training is for anyone working in the building and construction Industry. To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
• Be at least 15 years of age
• Have a Valid White Card (general construction induction card) issued after September 2009
• Be proficient in spoken and written English, as assessments must be undertaken in English
• Bring original identification on the morning of the course
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
1 day of theoretical and practical training.
8:30am arrival for 9:00am start. Until 4:00pm.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
As part of the course, in the morning of prior to the practical heights training, all participants must complete construction industry work health and safety training.
Participants who successfully complete this course will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised units of competency:
- CPCCCM2012 Work safely at heights
- CPCCWHS2001 Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
STUDENT SAFETY PLAN
We have developed a Student Safety Plan to provide and maintain a safe environment for our students. All students who attend our Master Builders centres must adhere to the following conditions of entry:
- Entry is not permitted if students are feeling un-well and experiencing any flu like symptoms. Please refer to the NSW Government Covid-19 testing and self-isolating guidelines for more information on symptoms, testing and isolation.
- Students must sign an attendance sheet when they attend class.
- Students will only be required to wear a facemask if it is a PPE requirements in accordance with the task/s undertaken, and they have been instructed to do so by their Trainer or an MBA Staff member.
- Students are encouraged to maintain 1.5m social distancing where practical
- Sanitiser is supplied for students and trainers to sanitise their hands before they enter and leave the classroom and practical workstations.
- Regular hand washing and good hygiene practices are encouraged.
- Students should avoid sharing tools and equipment and are encouraged to bring their own where possible.