Ensure that you learn how to safeguard yourself, your staff and your business from the risks associated with working at heights. Know how to correctly and safely put in place the necessary precautions to prevent serious injury.
This practical training takes place in our purpose-built education centre at Norwest. The training also includes classroom theory-based safety information and risk assessment. You will also learn about:
- Hazard reporting
- Harness inspection
- Communicating with others
- Use of anchor points
The Work Safely at Heights course is an invaluable skillset for anyone currently working in or new to the building and construction industry. If you would like to know more about work health and safety regulations, visit the SafeWork NSW website.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR FEE-FREE TRAINING?
The NSW Government and Master Builders are committed to supporting the economic recovery of NSW from the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Under the Skilling for Recovery program, Training Services NSW is providing fee-free* training places with Master Builders if you meet ONE of the following criteria:
- aged 17 to 24 years old OR
- unemployed OR
- don't hold a Certificate III or above qualification
Plus you must also meet all of the following Smart and Skilled criteria:
- live or work in NSW
- be an Australian Citizen, a permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen, or a humanitarian visa holder
- have left school
Master Builders can now offer fee-free* training places in entry-level inductions, safety courses and nationally accredited skillsets. The subsidies support 17-24 year olds, as well as career-changers and people at risk of unemployment due to a downturn of work.
Participants must commence training by 30 June 2021.
Click on the Register button to enrol today before places run out! If you believe that you are eligible for Skilling for Recovery subsidies, please select the "cheque" option at the payment page of the enrolment.
*This training is subsidised by the NSW Government Skilling for Recovery initiative. Subject to Smart and Skilled and Skilling for Recovery eligibility criteria. Participants must commence training by 30/06/2021. Limited places are available.
Price$299.00 Members $389.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Norwest Education Centre
5 Burbank Place
Norwest NSW 2153
IS THIS TRAINING FOR ME?
This training is for anyone working in the building and construction Industry. To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- You are at least 15 years old and no longer attending school
- You live or work in NSW
- Have a Valid White Card (general construction induction card) issued after September 2009
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident or a humanitarian visa holder, or a New Zealand citizen
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as assessments must be undertaken in English
- Bring original identification on the morning of the course
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
1 day of theoretical and practical training.
8:15am arrival for 8:30am start. Until 4:00pm.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Participants will learn safety principles and practices for working on construction sites, both when working at heights and when working on the ground.
Participants who successfully complete this course will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised units of competency:
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCWHS2001 Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry