Asbestos is a health and safety hazard that can be found in ceiling tiles, floor tiles, roofing shingles, eaves, pipes and in showers. This short course is designed to train participants in instructing and monitoring workers on a jobsite to ensure that they are correctly handling, removing and disposing of asbestos containing materials correctly.
Price$375.00 Members $488.00 Non Members
LocationMaster Builders Association - Ulladulla
1/171 Princes Hwy, Ulladulla NSW 2539
Short course classroom training and assessment.
8:30am arrival for 9:00am start. Until 4:00pm.
Ideal for anyone working in the building and construction industry. To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Hold a statement of attainment for CPCCDE3014A Remove non-friable asbestos OR CPCCDE3015A Remove friable asbestos
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as SafeWork NSW requires that assessment is undertaken in English
- Provide 100 points of original identification
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Plan for asbestos removal
- Prepare site for removal
- Oversee the removal and decontamination process
- Supervise and support team members
- Supervise testing, compliance and documentation in consultation with the licensed asbestos assessor and the licensed asbestos removalist
Upon successful completion Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency, CPCCBC4051A Supervise asbestos removal.
Master Builders Association provide the Nationally recognised units of competency required to meet part of the NSW Fair Trading criteria to apply for a Licence.
For licensing information and additional evidence requirements for a licence - please contact SafeWork NSW on 131 050 or go to https://www.safework.nsw.gov.au/licences-and-registrations/licences/asbestos
Please also check out the SafeWork NSW Applicant guide for asbestos licences and notifications