Asbestos is a health and safety hazard that can be found in ceiling tiles, floor tiles, roofing shingles, eaves, pipes and in showers. This short course will teach you to identify and dispose correctly of non-friable asbestos containing materials found in structures or soils to minimise risk in the workplace. Ideal for anyone working in the building and construction Industry.
Price$349.00 Members $435.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Norwest Education Centre - Training Room #1
5 Burbank Place
Short course classroom training and assessment.
8:30am arrival for 9:00am start. Until 4:00pm.
Ideal for anyone working in the building and construction industry. To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Complete the Asbestos Awareness online course
- Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry or CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as SafeWork NSW requires that assessment is undertaken in English
- Provide 100 points of original identification
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Plan for asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- Isolate removal site
- Carry out the asbestos removal process
- Carry out the decontamination process
- Clean-up work site
- Contribute to and documentation in line with regulatory requirements
Upon successful completion Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency, CPCCDE3014A Remove non-friable asbestos