Asbestos is a health and safety hazard that can be found in ceiling tiles, floor tiles, roofing shingles, eaves, pipes and in showers. This short course will teach you to identify and dispose correctly of non-friable asbestos-containing materials found in structures or soils to minimise risk in the workplace. Ideal for anyone working in the building and construction Industry.
- 2 days of attendance
- 8:30am arrival for 9:00am start
- Until 4:00pm each day
- Start and finish times may vary depending on trainer availability. Please check with your regional office to confirm the course schedule.
Price$730.00 Members $930.00 Non Members
LocationMaster Builders Association - Port Macquarie
12 Jindalee Road
PORT MACQUARIE NSW 2444
Short course classroom training and assessment.
8:30am arrival for 9:00am start. Until 4:00pm on each day.
There are no educational entry requirements for this course however participants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as the assessments must be undertaken in English
- Bring original identification on the morning of the course according to a value of 100 points as per the Evidence of Identity documentation that will be provided on enrolment
- Be clean-shaven on the day of the course
This course has a pre-requisite unit CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry that must be completed at least three (3) days prior to the course date. Participants must provide this evidence in one of the following two methods to be able to commence training;
- Successfully complete the online Industry Safety Quiz which is provided by Master Builders following receipt of enrolment
- Submit a copy of your Statement of Attainment for unit CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry with your online enrolment
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Plan for asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- Isolate removal site
- Carry out the asbestos removal process
- Carry out the decontamination process
- Clean-up work site
- Contribute to and documentation in line with regulatory requirements
Participants who successfully complete this nationally recognised unit of competency will be issued a Statement of Attainment for:
- CPCCDE3014A Remove non-friable asbestos
Master Builders Association provide the Nationally recognised units of competency required to meet part of the NSW Fair Trading criteria to apply for a Licence.
For licensing information and additional evidence requirements for a licence - please contact SafeWork NSW on 131 050 or go to https://www.safework.nsw.gov.au/licences-and-registrations/licences/asbestos
Please also check out the SafeWork NSW Applicant guide for asbestos licences and notifications