First Aid is an essential life skill that is relevant to all workers that not only benefit you in the workplace but also in the home or everyday environments. This course is open to everyone, as you never know when you may need to provide first aid assistance to someone in trouble.
Prior to attending classroom training, participants must complete an online pre-course learning module. The online module is self-assessing and all questions are true/false and multiple choice style. Master Builders must receive a copy of the certificate at the time of enrolment.
Price$175.00 Members $228.00 Non Members
LocationMaster Builders Association - Ballina
2 Boeing Ave
Ballina NSW 2478
Online and Classroom. We also accept group enrolments to deliver First Aid training at your workplace.
8:30am arrival for 9:00am start. Until 4:00pm.
To enrol into this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as assessment is undertaken in English
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Identifying risks and hazards
- WHS requirements and legal issues
- Incident/accident reporting
- The welfare of the casualty
- Infection, diseases and hygiene
- Examination of casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Provide first aid for injuries common on building and construction sites
Participants who successfully complete this course will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised units of competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
STUDENT SAFETY PLAN
We have developed a Student Safety Plan to provide and maintain a safe environment for our students. All students who attend our Master Builders centres must adhere to the following conditions of entry:
- Entry is not permitted if students are feeling un-well and experiencing any flu like symptoms. Please refer to the NSW Government Covid-19 testing and self-isolating guidelines for more information on symptoms, testing and isolation.
- Students must sign an attendance sheet when they attend class.
- Students will only be required to wear a facemask if it is a PPE requirements in accordance with the task/s undertaken, and they have been instructed to do so by their Trainer or an MBA Staff member.
- Students are encouraged to maintain 1.5m social distancing where practical
- Sanitiser is supplied for students and trainers to sanitise their hands before they enter and leave the classroom and practical workstations.
- Regular hand washing and good hygiene practices are encouraged.
- Students should avoid sharing tools and equipment and are encouraged to bring their own where possible.