The General Construction Induction (White Card) course is a mandatory entry level program for the building and construction industry. The course focuses on how to work safely and effectively on a job site or construction environment.
Price$110.00 Members $143.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Newcastle Members Room
165 Lambton Road
Broadmeadow NSW 2292
Short course classroom training and assessment.
This is a 1 full day course, with a typical starting time of 8.30am. Exact start time will be confirmed in email. Students are requested to arrive at least 15 minutes before class start time.
To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as SafeWork NSW requires that assessment is undertaken in English
- Provide 100 points of original identification
School-aged students must present on arrival 100 points of original identification or a letter from their high school stating they are a current school student. As per SafeWork NSW requirements, school-aged students will be refused entry to the white card course if they do not arrive with either of these documents.
Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Work Health and Safety legislation
- Hazards, Risks and Control Measures
- Communication and Reporting
- Incident response
Upon successful completion Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency, CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry.
STUDENT SAFETY PLAN
We have developed a Student Safety Plan to provide and maintain a safe environment for our students. All students who attend our Master Builders centres must adhere to the following conditions of entry:
- Entry is not permitted if students are feeling un-well and experiencing any flu like symptoms. Please refer to the NSW Government Covid-19 testing and self-isolating guidelines for more information on symptoms, testing and isolation.
- Students must sign an attendance sheet when they attend class.
- Students will only be required to wear a facemask if it is a PPE requirements in accordance with the task/s undertaken, and they have been instructed to do so by their Trainer or an MBA Staff member.
- Students are encouraged to maintain 1.5m social distancing where practical
- Sanitiser is supplied for students and trainers to sanitise their hands before they enter and leave the classroom and practical workstations.
- Regular hand washing and good hygiene practices are encouraged.
- Students should avoid sharing tools and equipment and are encouraged to bring their own where possible.