The General Construction Induction (White Card) course is a mandatory entry level program for the building and construction industry. The course focuses on how to work safely and effectively on a job site or construction environment.
Price$110.00 Members $143.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Newcastle Members Room
165 Lambton Road
Broadmeadow NSW 2292
Short course classroom training and assessment.
8:30am arrival for 9:00am start.
To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as SafeWork NSW requires that assessment is undertaken in English
- Provide 100 points of original identification
School-aged students must present on arrival 100 points of original identification or a letter from their high school stating they are a current school student. As per SafeWork NSW requirements, school-aged students will be refused entry to the white card course if they do not arrive with either of these documents.
Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Work Health and Safety legislation
- Hazards, Risks and Control Measures
- Communication and Reporting
- Incident response
Upon successful completion Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency, CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry.
STUDENT SAFETY PLAN
We have developed a Student Safety Plan to provide and maintain a safe environment for our students. All students who attend our Master Builders centres must adhere to the following conditions of entry:
- Entry is not permitted if students are feeling un-well and experiencing any flu like symptoms. Please refer to the NSW Government Covid-19 testing and self-isolating guidelines for more information on symptoms, testing and isolation.
- Students must sign an attendance sheet when they attend class.
- Students will only be required to wear a facemask if it is a PPE requirements in accordance with the task/s undertaken, and they have been instructed to do so by their Trainer or an MBA Staff member.
- Students are encouraged to maintain 1.5m social distancing where practical
- Sanitiser is supplied for students and trainers to sanitise their hands before they enter and leave the classroom and practical workstations.
- Regular hand washing and good hygiene practices are encouraged.
- Students should avoid sharing tools and equipment and are encouraged to bring their own where possible.