Your pathway to a renovation licence could be quicker than you think!
Have you got all the skills, knowledge and experience to renovate kitchens, bathrooms and laundries?
The Master Builders Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovation RPL program can help you on your pathway to a Renovation licence. To find out about the licence process in NSW, please visit Fair Trading NSW.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the process by which you can achieve a nationally recognised qualification, without the need to attend classes. You are assessed by providing us with evidence of the knowledge, skills and experience you already have. Our industry expert assessors review your submission and provide feedback if we require more information or clarification.
With RPL you can complete the Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovation RPL program within 6 months.
IT'S AS EASY AS 1, 2, 3
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Fees for this program are as follows:
|Master Builders Members||$1,800.00|
|Master Builders Non-Members||$2,000.00|
Note: On enrolment, you will be invoiced for $1,500.00. This consists of a $1,000.00 non-refundable administration fee.
For more information on fees and payments please scroll down to HOW MUCH WILL THE COURSE FEES COST ME?
Price$1,500.00 Members $1,500.00 Non Members
LocationEnrol and Start This Month - We Come to You
WHAT IS RPL?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the process by which you can achieve a nationally recognised qualification, without the need to attend classes. Simply follow our RPL kit and provide video and photographic evidence of the knowledge, skills and experience you have. Plus, our industry expert assessors review your submission and provide feedback if we require more information or clarification.
HOW DOES THIS PROGRAM BENEFIT MY CAREER?
Expand your employment and business opportunities and be on the pathway to a renovation licence. The Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovation RPL program is designed to enable you to formally recognise your skills in renovation work.
Before making any training decisions we recommend you find out everything you need to know about becoming a licenced Renovator from Fair Trading NSW.
Once the RPL program is successfully completed you will earn the units of competency to meet the licensing requirements.
The increased demand for home renovations provides a great opportunity to kick start a new business or grow your existing business.
- Be on the pathway to a renovation licence
- Start your own renovation business
- Advance your employment opportunities and gain more work
- Build your own clientele network
- Manage renovation projects
- Coordinate teams to deliver quality work
IS THIS RPL PROGRAM FOR ME?
To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- a minimum of one years full-time (or equivalent) kitchen, bathroom and laundry renovation related experience in the construction industry (experience must be within the last 10 years), including experience in making and installing cabinets.
- a valid White Card (General Construction Induction card)
- currently working on active related projects
- able to provide details of two referees to confirm your work history/experience. Referees must be a qualified/licenced tradesperson in cabinet making and have worked with you for 12 months or more
- able to answer at least 80% of the technical industry questions correctly during your application process.
HOW LONG IS THIS PROGRAM?
This program must be completed within 6 months.
To achieve this, the knowledge based assessment is required to be completed and submitted within 2 months and all evidence is to be submitted within 5 months.
WHAT WILL I BE ASSESSED ON?
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments that will take place on your worksite:
- Organise the worksite with site layouts
- Fabricate and install furniture and furniture products
- Estimate and cost jobs
- Coordinate on-site installation of furnishing products
- Knowledge testing and practical observations
- Preparation of your portfolio of evidence
Participants who successfully complete this course will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the following nationally recognised units of competency:
- MSFFM3005 Fabricate custom furniture
- MSFFM3006 Install furnishing products
- MSFFM3011 Measure and draw site layout for manufactured furniture
- MSFFT4001 Coordinate on-site installation of furnishing products
- MSFFT4009 Match furnishing style and materials to customer requirements
- MSFGN3002 Estimate and cost job
Master Builders Association provide the Nationally recognised units of competency required to meet part of the Fair Trading NSW criteria to apply for a Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovator Contractor Licence.
For licensing information and additional evidence requirements for a licence - please contact Fair Trading NSW on 13 32 20 or go to the Fair Trading NSW website.
What types of evidence do I need to provide?
Examples of the types of evidence that you will need to gather will depend on the qualification you are completing, however, examples could include:
- Video footage of your performing tasks on site
- Time-lapse photos of you performing tasks on site
- Certificates you have already gained
- Project management documentation
HOW MUCH WILL THE PROGRAM FEES COST ME?
Fees for this program are as follows:
Up to $1,500 (this includes a $1,000 non-refundable administration fee)
Remaining value if applicable (not exceeding total course value)
When student submits assessments and/or attends tutorial sessions for at least two different subjects (Stage 1).
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE MASTER BUILDERS?
Take your place in one of Australia’s largest industries, study with the Master Builders. Backed by the original Building and Construction Association, why would you choose anyone else for your qualification pathway to an industry licence? Within our building community, you will be supported by our industry expert educators and our customer service team throughout your learning journey.