Many people don’t realise the risks involved in incorrect manual handling techniques. The Manual Handling course teaches participants safe lifting techniques to protect themselves in the workplace.
This course is designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge required to move loads safely using appropriate manual handling training techniques. Suitable for any new or existing workers from a wide variety of work roles.
- Half day of attendance
- 12:30pm until 4:00pm
Price$99.00 Members $129.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Norwest Education Centre
5 Burbank Place
Norwest NSW 2153
Training Workshop in a classroom
Half Day 12:30pm to 4:00pm
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as assessments must be undertaken in English
- Bring original identification on the morning of the course
This course is designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge required to move loads safely using appropriate manual handling training techniques. This course is suitable for any new or existing workers from a wide variety of work roles.
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Hazard reporting
- Legislation and Code of Practice
- National Code of Practice for manual handling
- Principles of safe manual handling and lifting
- Risk identification, assessment and control of manual handling tasks
- Exercises and stretches to maintain a healthy back
- Knowledge testing
Statement of Attendance