Your pathway to a renovation licence could be quicker than you think!
Have you got all the skills, knowledge and experience to renovate kitchens, bathrooms and laundries?
The Master Builders Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovation RPL program can help you on your pathway to a Renovation licence. To find out about the licence process in NSW, please visit Fair Trading NSW.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the process by which you can achieve a nationally recognised qualification, without the need to attend classes. You are assessed by providing us with evidence of the knowledge, skills and experience you already have. Our industry expert assessors come to your workplace to conduct the skills assessment.
With On-site RPL you can complete the Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovation RPL program in as little as 3 months.
IT'S AS EASY AS 1, 2, 3
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
The price that appears on this course webpage refers to an enrolment fee of $1,500.00 which is required to be paid prior to course commencement. A fee schedule will also be provided to indicate the total cost of fees for payment throughout the course.
A general guide to fees for this course is as follows:
|Master Builders Members||$1,800.00^|
|Master Builders Non-Members||$2,000.00^|
^Inclusive of enrolment fee.
Price$1,500.00 Members $1,500.00 Non Members
LocationEnrol and Start This Month - We Come to You
WHAT IS ON-SITE RPL?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the process by which you can achieve a nationally recognised qualification, without the need to attend classes. Simply follow our On-Site RPL kit and provide video and photographic evidence of the knowledge, skills and experience you have. Plus, our industry expert assessors come to your workplace to conduct the skills assessment, so there’s no time off-site.
HOW DOES THIS COURSE BENEFIT MY CAREER?
Expand your employment and business opportunities and be on the pathway to a renovation licence. The Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovation on-site RPL program is designed to enable you to formally recognise your skills in renovation work.
Before making any training decisions we recommend you find out everything you need to know about becoming a licenced Renovator from Fair Trading NSW.
Once the on-site RPL program is successfully completed you will earn the units of competency to meet the licensing requirements.
The increased demand for home renovations provides a great opportunity to kick start a new business or grow your existing business.
- Be on the pathway to a renovation licence
- Start your own renovation business
- Advance your employment opportunities and gain more work
- Build your own clientele network
- Manage renovation projects
- Coordinate teams to deliver quality work
IS THIS RPL PROGRAM FOR ME?
To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years full-time experience in KBLR within the last 10 years
- Valid White Card (general construction induction card)
- Currently working on-site in this field and access to tools of the trade
- Hold a current contractor's licence or provide details of 2 qualified/licensed referees within KBLR or cabinet making to confirm your work history/experience who have worked with you for 12 months or more
- Answer at least 80% of the technical industry questions correctly during your application process
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
This program is designed to be completed within 3 months.
The dedicated Master Builders customer service team will assist you throughout the process to help keep you on track. Feel supported with communications and email notifications from our staff, as well as constructive feedback from your assessor. If you have any questions feel free to ask us.
WHAT WILL I BE ASSESSED ON?
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments that will take place on your worksite:
- Organise the worksite with site layouts
- Fabricate and install furniture and furniture products
- Estimate and cost jobs
- Coordinate on-site installation of furnishing products
- Knowledge testing and practical observations
- Preparation of your portfolio of evidence
Participants who successfully complete this course will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the following nationally recognised units of competency:
- MSFFM3005 Fabricate custom furniture
- MSFFM3006 Install furnishing products
- MSFFM3011 Measure and draw site layout for manufactured furniture
- MSFFT4001 Coordinate on-site installation of furnishing products
- MSFFT4009 Match furnishing style and materials to customer requirements
- MSFGN3002 Estimate and cost job
Master Builders Association provide the Nationally recognised units of competency required to meet part of the Fair Trading NSW criteria to apply for a Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovator Contractor Licence.
For licensing information and additional evidence requirements for a licence - please contact Fair Trading NSW on 13 32 20 or go to the Fair Trading NSW website.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE MASTER BUILDERS?
Take your place in one of Australia’s largest industries, study with the Master Builders. Backed by the original Building and Construction Association, why would you choose anyone else for your qualification pathway to an industry licence? Within our building community, you will be supported by our industry expert educators and our customer service team throughout your learning journey.