Don’t get caught fixing expensive waterproofing defects.
Waterproofing continues to be the number one source of defects for builders in NSW, taking millions of dollars out of the economy. Over 80% of complaints about building and construction are waterproofing issues, with so many of these issues in control of the builder.
This hands-on practical workshop will provide you with the skills you need to ensure your waterproofing is done right the first time. Gain industry best practice skills in waterproofing of bathrooms, kitchens, laundries and internal wet areas. You can be in control and on top of the waterproofing process with Master Builders industry best practice training.
YOU WILL LEARN
- Current industry best practice standards
- Australian Standards and National Construction Code requirements
- Hands-on practical application of preparing and applying waterproofing membranes for bathrooms, kitchens and laundries
- How to identify and prevent common reasons for waterproofing failures
- Troubleshooting techniques and best practices applications to prevent defects
- Waterproofing products, their characteristics and compatibilities
- 2 days of attendance at the Master Builders purpose-built training facility
- 8:30am arrival for 9:00am start
- Until 4:30pm each day
Price$700.00 Members $910.00 Non Members
LocationMaster Builders Association - Ballina
2 Boeing Ave
Ballina NSW 2478
IS THIS TRAINING FOR ME?
To enrol in this course, you must have the following entry requirements:
- Minimum of one-year full-time building industry experience
- Valid White Card (general construction induction card)
This course is suitable for:
- Waterproofing applicators
- Site supervisors
- Project managers
HOW DOES THIS COURSE BENEFIT MY CAREER?
As a builder or renovator, the last thing you need is expensive re-work costs for waterproofing defects. By completing this course you will gain the confidence you need to ensure your waterproofing has been applied correctly.
For builders, 14 CPD points are available.
As a tradesperson, this course provides a practical grounding in industry best practice methods to start your pathway to a waterproofing qualification.
Participants who attend this workshop will be issued a Statement of Attendance.
Please Note: This non-accredited course is not suitable for those seeking a contractor waterproofing licence. Please refer to Master Builders Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing for more details.
Our industry best practice waterproofing courses are built around the Master Builders Association guides in combination with practical tasks both on-site and in the classroom.
Master Builders Education and Skills Development highly recommend you purchase our waterproofing guides upon completing your training course. They are available directly from our education centres or from our online shop.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE MASTER BUILDERS?
Take your place in one of Australia’s largest industries, study with the Master Builders. Backed by the original Building and Construction Association, why would you choose anyone else for your education and skills training? Within our building community, you will be supported by our industry expert educators and our customer service team throughout your learning journey.