Our Master Builders industry best practice waterproofing short course overview is designed for participants to gain up-to-date skills and knowledge to meet current industry needs for the internal waterproofing sector working in bathrooms, kitchens and laundries.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is ideal for builders, certifiers, council inspectors, engineers, renovators and waterproofers who do not need a contractor waterproofing licence.
- Save time by ensuring waterproofing is done right the first time
- Prevent waterproofing defects and save thousands on re-work costs
- 2 days of attendance
- 8:30am arrival for 9:00am start
- Until 4:00pm each day
- Start and finish times may vary depending on trainer availability. Please check with your regional office to confirm the course schedule.
LocationMBA Norwest Education Centre
5 Burbank Place
Norwest NSW 2153
Short course classroom training program.
2 days attendance.
8:30am arrival for 9:00am start. Until 4:00pm each day.
Start and finish times may vary depending on trainer availability. Please check with your regional office to confirm the course schedule.
To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Minimum of one-year full-time building industry experience
- You have more than 3 months experience in a waterproofing specific role
- Valid White Card (general construction induction card)
- Provide contact details of one referee who is a licenced or qualified waterproofer or builder
- Answer at least 80% of the technical industry questions correctly during your application process
- Apply for your USI prior to application
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments that will take place:
- Identify hazardous materials and other hazards on work sites
- Manually handle waterproofing materials
- Prepare for mechanical handling of materials
- Handle and remove waste materials and clean-up work area
- Prepare and repair substrate
Upon successful completion Statement of Attainment and credits towards the full qualification.