First Aid is an essential life skill that is relevant to all workers that not only benefit you in the workplace but also in the home or everyday environments. This course is open to everyone, as you never know when you may need to provide first aid assistance to someone in trouble.
Prior to attending classroom training, participants must complete an online pre-course learning module. The online module is self-assessing and all questions are true/false and multiple choice style. Master Builders must receive a copy of the certificate at the time of enrolment.
Price$175.00 Members $228.00 Non Members
LocationMaster Builders Association - Wollongong
66 Auburn Street
Wollongong, NSW 2500
Online and Classroom. We also accept group enrolments to deliver First Aid training at your workplace.
8:30am arrival for 9:00am start. Until 4:00pm.
To enrol into this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as assessment is undertaken in English
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Identifying risks and hazards
- WHS requirements and legal issues
- Incident/accident reporting
- The welfare of the casualty
- Infection, diseases and hygiene
- Examination of casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Provide first aid for injuries common on building and construction sites
Participants who successfully complete this course will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised units of competency:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid