First Aid is an essential life skill that is relevant to all workers that not only benefit you in the workplace but also in the home or everyday environments. This course is open to everyone, as you never know when you may need to provide first aid assistance to someone in trouble.
Prior to attending classroom training, participants must complete an online pre-course learning module. The online module is self-assessing and all questions are true/false and multiple choice style. Master Builders must receive a copy of the certificate at the time of enrolment.
Price$175.00 Members $228.00 Non Members
66 Auburn Street
Online and Classroom. We also accept group enrolments to deliver First Aid training at your workplace.
This is a 1 full day course, with a typical starting time of 8.30am. Exact start time will be confirmed in email. Students are requested to arrive at least 15 minutes before class start time.
To enrol into this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Be proficient in spoken and written English, as assessment is undertaken in English
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments:
- Identifying risks and hazards
- WHS requirements and legal issues
- Incident/accident reporting
- The welfare of the casualty
- Infection, diseases and hygiene
- Examination of casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Provide first aid for injuries common on building and construction sites
Participants who successfully complete this course will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised units of competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid