Take the next step in your building career. Turn your existing skills and experience into a CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) qualification along your pathway to a Builder's licence. This course will teach you the necessary skills to manage a small building and construction business.
- You could complete the course in just over 7 months
- Learn from our industry professional trainers
- Minimise impact on the working week with classes scheduled on weekends
- Meet relevant industry and licensing requirements - See Fair Trading NSW licensing criteria
Please note: The price that appears on this course webpage refers to an enrolment fee of $1,000.00 which is required to be paid prior to course commencement. A fee schedule will also be provided to indicate the total cost of fees for payment throughout the course.
A general guide to fees for this course is as follows:
|If you do not hold a previous qualification||from $2,440.00*^|
|If you do hold a previous qualification||from $2,850.00*^|
|The full fee for service||Member: $3,950.00^|
*This training may be subsidised by NSW Government subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria apply.
^Inclusive of enrolment fee.
Price$1,000.00 Members $1,000.00 Non Members
LocationMBA - Wollongong
Level 4, Unit 3, 2 Coombe Street
Wollongong, NSW 2500
Our classroom training and assessment course will only take up to 10 weekends over a 7-month period.
Check our course class schedules for starting dates.
To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in building and construction within the last 10 years
- Minimum of 1-year supervisory experience in the building and construction industry
- Valid White Card (general construction induction card)
- Hold a current Contractor’s Licence OR provide details of 2 qualified/licensed referees within building to confirm your work history/experience who have worked with you for 12 months or more (Referees must be a currently licenced builder, construction manager or site foreman)
- Answer at least 65% of the technical industry questions correctly during your application process
- You are currently working on active construction projects
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments that will take place:
- Residential Site Safety
- Plans, Specification, Codes & Standards
- Site Surveying and Setting Out
- Structures and Material Handling
- Builders Quantities and Estimating
- Managing Finance
- Contract Management and Administration
- Knowledge testing and practical observations
- Written project-based tasks
Upon successful completion a nationally accredited CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) qualification. Project Management and supervisory career outcomes. Pathway to a Builder's licence. For licensing contact Fair Trading NSW.