Take the next step in your building career. Turn your existing skills and experience into a CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) qualification along your pathway to a Builder's licence. This course will teach you the necessary skills to manage a small building and construction business.
- You could complete the course in just over 7 months
- Learn from our industry professional trainers
- Minimise impact on the working week with classes scheduled on weekends
- Meet relevant industry and licensing requirements - See Fair Trading NSW licensing criteria
The list below indicates all our Certificate IV classroom programs currently scheduled around NSW. You can enrol and start anytime during the duration of the course schedule. If you don't see your location, please contact us. *Dates are subject to change at any time.
- Class commencing 18 May 2019 to 13 October 2019 (Norwest)
- Class commencing 18 May 2019 to 22 September 2019 (Wollongong)
- Class commencing 25 May 2019 to 13 October 2019 (Ulladulla)
- Class commencing 1 June 2019 to 10 November 2019 (Norwest)
- Class commencing 6 July 2019 to 8 December 2019 (Newcastle)
- Class commencing 6 July 2019 to 8 December 2019 (Kingsgrove, Sydney)
- Class commencing 13 July 2019 to 5 January 2020 (Ballina)
- Class commencing 27 July 2019 to 16 February 2020 (Norwest)
- Class commencing 17 August 2019 to 29 March 2020 (Norwest)
- Class commencing 7 September 2019 to 2 February 2020 (Wollongong)
- Class commencing 28 September 2019 to 5 April 2020 (Norwest)
- Class commencing 19 October 2019 to 3 May 2020 (Norwest)
- Class commencing 26 October 2019 to 19 April 2020 (Norwest)
- Class commencing 16 November 2019 to 24 May 2019 (Norwest)
Please note: The price that appears on this course webpage refers to an enrolment fee of $1,000.00 which is required to be paid prior to course commencement. A fee schedule will also be provided to indicate the total cost of fees for payment throughout the course.
A general guide to fees for this course is as follows:
|If you do not hold a previous qualification||from $2,440.00*^|
|If you do hold a previous qualification||from $2,850.00*^|
|The full fee for service||Member: $3,950.00^|
*This training may be subsidised by NSW Government subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria apply.
^Inclusive of enrolment fee.
Price$1,000.00 Members $1,000.00 Non Members
LocationMBA - Wollongong
Level 4, Unit 3, 2 Coombe Street
Wollongong, NSW 2500
Our classroom training and assessment course will only take up to 10 weekends over a 7-month period.
Check our course class schedules for starting dates.
To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in building and construction within the last 10 years
- Minimum of 1-year supervisory experience in the building and construction industry
- Valid White Card (general construction induction card)
- Hold a current Contractor’s Licence OR provide details of 2 qualified/licensed referees within building to confirm your work history/experience who have worked with you for 12 months or more (Referees must be a currently licenced builder, construction manager or site foreman)
- Answer at least 65% of the technical industry questions correctly during your application process
- You are currently working on active construction projects
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments that will take place:
- Residential Site Safety
- Plans, Specification, Codes & Standards
- Site Surveying and Setting Out
- Structures and Material Handling
- Builders Quantities and Estimating
- Managing Finance
- Contract Management and Administration
- Knowledge testing and practical observations
- Written project-based tasks
Upon successful completion a nationally accredited CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) qualification. Project Management and supervisory career outcomes. Pathway to a Builder's licence. For licensing contact Fair Trading NSW.