Our Master Builders industry best practice waterproofing course is designed for participants to gain up-to-date skills and knowledge to meet current industry needs for the internal/external waterproofing sector. This 9-day workshop is suitable for those who have a certain level of experience in the waterproofing sector, may need to upgrade their skills and are seeking to apply for their contractor waterproofing licence. This workshop delivers on industry best practice skills for waterproofing of internal, external and below ground areas, as well as remedial works.
Please note: The price that appears on this course webpage refers to an enrolment fee of $1,000.00 which is required to be paid prior to course commencement. A fee schedule will also be provided to indicate the total cost of fees for payment throughout the course.
A general guide to fees for this course is as follows:
|If you do not hold a previous qualification||from $2,990.00*^|
|If you do hold a previous qualification||from $3,580.00*^|
|The full fee for service||Member: $3,000.00^|
*This training may be subsidised by NSW Government subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria apply.
^Inclusive of enrolment fee.
Price$1,000.00 Members $1,000.00 Non Members
LocationMBA Norwest Education Centre - Training Room #4/5
5 Burbank Place
The Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Workshop program requires you to attend workshops held at the Master Builders Education Centre in Norwest where practical assessments specific to Waterproofing will be conducted while you carry out the required tasks.
9 days classroom and workshop attendance, mostly conducted on weekends to minimise the impact on the working week. 4 workshops over 4 weekends and 1 Friday.
To enrol in this course you must have the following entry requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years full-time experience in Waterproofing, within the last 10 years or hold a current qualification or licence in the building and construction industry
- Valid White Card (general construction induction card)
- Currently working on-site in Waterproofing and access to tools of the trade
- Provide details of 2 qualified/licenced referees within the same field to confirm your work history/experience who have worked with you for 12 months or more
- Answer at least 65% of the technical industry questions correctly during your application process
Apply for your USI prior to application
For full units of competency see the course information guide. Here is a brief overview of the assessments that will take place:
- Carry out basic demolition
- Install wall sheeting
- Prepare for waterproofing process
- Apply primers and sealants
- Prepare surfaces
- Remedial waterproofing processes
- Apply membrane
- Knowledge testing and practical observations
Upon successful completion Certificate III qualification. Pathway to contractor licence in Waterproofing. For licensing contact NSW Fair Trading.