Master Builders are offering two remarkable programs for apprentices and Master Construction Recruits!
In conjunction with the NSW Department of Education, NSW Department of Industry, Construction Industry Leaders and select Universities, we have designed two pathways to develop tomorrow’s Site Supervisors and Construction Managers.
The Construction Industry has identified the future need for more roundly educated and broadly skilled site supervisors. Supervisors who will have the communication and leadership skills necessary to supervise construction work and workers.
Our Apprentice to Site Supervisor program offers an exciting opportunity for existing and recently completed apprentices who aspire to higher study. Existing apprentices can begin to study the Diploma of Project Management while concurrently completing their apprenticeship.
The Master Construction Recruit Program combines the best of Vocational and Higher Education to meet current demands by changing the sequence for Construction Cadets. The trainee Master Construction Recruits commence by undertaking an on-the-job traineeship in Certificate II in Construction gaining hands-on exposure to all elements of site work such as carpentry, concreting, height safety, formwork, plastering, painting etc. combining the best of practical and theoretical skills.
Both of these unique programs consist of three phases:
- Vocational construction skills training
- Diploma of Project Management
- Bachelor of Construction Management (12 months credit – enter at 2nd Year)
Benefits to Industry
- Gain employees with construction and site experience who have skills in scoping, reviewing and planning projects
- Strong people management and leadership foundation skills for their staff
- The Diploma of Project Management is delivered outside of normal working hours
- Both of these programs answer the needs of a high-skill industry. It combines on-the-job training with advanced level teaching to lift the status of working in the construction industry