2021 AWARDS - ENTRIES NOW CLOSED
Entries for the 2021 Awards are now closed and we are in the process of allocating onsite judging dates and times.
If you have entered the 2021 Awards and have any questions regarding your submission, or if you would like to register your interest for the 2022 Awards, please contact our Awards & Events Team.
ENTRIES OPEN FOR THE 2022 AWARDS IN DECEMBER 2021.
DATE: Friday 12 November 2021
TIME: 6:30 PM
VENUE: The Star Casino
T: (02) 8586 3504
2021 Award Categories
- Commercial Pools
- Commercial Spas
- Display Pools
- Fibreglass Pools
- Freeform or Natural Concrete Pools
- Lap Pools
- Plunge Pools
- Spas/ Portable Spas/ Hot Tubs
- Traditional or Geometric Concrete Pools
Each submission must contain the following:
■ Completed entry form, including signed authority by the builder and client/owner and entry fee.
■ Pool description that can be used in all editorials.
■ Copy of HBCF certificate (formerly Home Owners Warranty) of the nominated project - where applicable.
■ A selection of 5 different professional quality digital images: Digital images MUST be submitted with entries. Images provided will be used in the audio-visual presentation and print media; good quality images will better profile your entry. Entrants are responsible for the quality of all images
■ Resolution of 300 dpi (highest quality camera setting)
■ Image size no smaller than A4 (21cm x 29.7cm) ■ Format: JPEG or TIFF (please no PDF or PPT file types)
■ Only one project per USB or via a link (If providing 'before' shots, please ensure these are clearly identified as 'before' shots)
Please note if your digital images are not high quality you could be asked to resubmit them.
■ $550 (inc GST)
Non - Member fees
■ $770 (inc GST)
Both entrants and winners of the MBA Excellence in Pool Awards receive extensive media coverage as part of their participation in these prestigious industry awards. All entrants are featured in the MBA’s Excellence in Housing Awards Annual, published in conjunction with Universal Magazines and distributed, via sales in newsagent outlets, to the wider consumer market. Winners of the Awards are featured in the special Excellence in Housing Awards issue of the Master Builder magazine, which is disseminated to all MBA members across NSW and on the MBA website. Editorial comment on and photographic display of the projects entered will be at the discretion of the appropriate media and the Master Builders Association of NSW. Whilst it is the aim of the Association to feature the work of entrants accurately, there will be no responsibility taken for discrepancy, error, omission or misrepresentation of that entry in any media report.
If you would like to advertise in the MBA’s Excellence in Housing Annual, more information is available on the attachment below:
Conditions of Entry
1. Open to all licensed builders, Master Builders Association of NSW (MBA NSW) members and non-members, for projects constructed within NSW. Projects completed using an Owner-Builder Permit are ineligible to enter.
2. A Home Building Compensation Fund Certificate (HBCF) must be provided for all projects over $20,000 - where applicable.
3. If sufficient entries are not received for a category, entries may be moved to a similar category. Alternatively a refund will be provided. The numbers considered sufficient are to be at the complete discretion of the MBA NSW.
4. MBA NSW reserve the right to transfer entries into a category they deem appropriate and/or reduce and combine the number of categories at anytime.
5. All entries should be in the price category applicable to the contract price of the pool (pool building cost).
6. Each entry must be submitted on a separate form giving all details required. An entry may be entered in more than one category providing an additional entry fee is paid and the entry meets the requirements of that category.
7. Editorial comment on and photographic display of the projects entered will be at the discretion of the appropriate media and MBA NSW. Whilst it is the aim of the Association to represent all entrants accurately in every way, no responsibility is taken for discrepancy, error, omission or misrepresentation of that entry in any media report. Entry in the awards does not, however, automatically ensure exposure in the media.
8. Photographs, as specified in the entry form, must comply with the reproduction standards of the newspapers, magazines and production. Photographs may be rejected or not used if they are of poor quality. All documents, including photography, submitted remain the property of MBA NSW.
9. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. A winner may not necessarily be declared in all categories.
10. The proprietor (client/owner) must give his/her consent to the project being entered into the Pool Awards and agree to the conditions of the contest.
11. All pools being submitted as entries must have been fully completed by the closing date.
12. MBA NSW will only refund an entry fee if the entry is withdrawn prior to the closing date. No refund will be given after that date.
13. I/We agree to notify MBA NSW and withdraw any entries submitted if our business/company commits an act of insolvency, including but not limited to, being placed in liquidation, administration or receivership. This undertaking is binding up until the awards night ceremony. MBA NSW advises that an award will be withdrawn if your business commits an act of insolvency and MBA NSW has not been notified.
14. I/We understand that MBA NSW can remove a nomination or withdraw any award if for any reason including, but not limited to, any act of insolvency, breach of the MBA NSW Code of Conduct, a complaint to or action by NSW Fair Trading, any information in the form is incorrect, or any other reason that may affect the reputation of or cause embarrassment to the Association or the awards.
15. The entrant advises and confirms that no serious injuries or deaths occurred on site during construction of the project that is the subject of the entry.
16. The entrant advises and confirms that there are no outstanding complaints relating to the project that is the subject of the entry.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SIGNED BY THE POOL BUILDER AND CLIENT/OWNER