APPLY TO BE A MEMBER
Any member interested in being included on the Master Builders Strata Inspection Panel will need to:
- Be a member of the Master Builders Association of NSW and the Master Builders Consultants Group. Further details on membership can be found here.
- Successfully complete the Strata Inspection Panel Workshop.
- Possess appropriate current Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of Membership.
- Pay an annual registration fee.
The application form for upcoming workshops can be found here.
- must satisfy the eligibility criteria to attend the Workshop; and
- will be evaluated to determine whether they satisfy the eligibility criteria to attend the Workshop.
RENEWAL OF MEMBERSHIP ON THE STRATA INSPECTION PANEL
Members on the Master Builders Strata Inspection Panel must renew their membership annually.
Members must complete a renewal application form and pay the annual registration fee.
Renewal Applications will be considered by the Convenor of the SIP Workshop of the MBA NSW and the Chairperson of the MBA Consultants Group.
In considering a members renewal application form, the Master Builders will have regard to a number of factors which can include:
- whether the member has complied with the Terms and Conditions,
- complaints lodged against the member where it was found that the complaint had merit,
- previous disciplinary actions or sanctions made against the member by the Disciplinary Committee (see Complaints Process),
- conditions imposed on the member by the Secretary, NSW Fair Trading,
- any other matters which have come to the Master Builders attention and that satisfies the Master Builders that the individual member is not qualified to carry out building inspector functions for the purpose of the strata building bond and inspections scheme.
A member ‘s renewal application will not be refused unless:
(a) reasonable steps have been taken to inform the member:
- that Master Builders is considering refusing the members renewal application; and
- of the factors that are under consideration in refusing the renewal application; and
(b) the member has been given a reasonable opportunity to make a statement in relation to the consideration to refuse the application.
The members comments will be taken into consideration prior to a final decision being made.
The member must be informed in writing of the decision to refuse a members renewal application.
A member who is dissatisfied with the decision is entitled to review of the decision.
An application seeking a review of the decision:
- can be made by email or in writing to the General Counsel, MBA Legal,
- must be made within 14 working days of receiving the decision, and
- must provide reasons as to why the member considers the decision is not satisfactory.
The General Counsel will make the final decision and the member will be notified in writing of the decision.