Master Builders is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 6163), accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority. Our aim is to provide you with the quality training you need for a life-long career in the building and construction industry.
We are committed to supporting the continued growth of the building and construction industry and adapt to the future needs of the workforce with our industry best practice education and training programs:
- Pathways to builder and trade’s licences
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Recognition of your existing skills and experience
- Short courses with nationally recognised units of competency
- Professional Development seminars and workshops with CPD points
- Customised training for your business development needs
TRAINING DEVELOPED BY THE INDUSTRY, FOR THE INDUSTRY
Regional Training Offices
Training is also offered across our regional network in Newcastle, Ballina, Wollongong, Port Macquarie, Gosford, Ulladulla, Orange and Albury.
CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
CPD (Continuing Professional Development) is a requirement in NSW for all builders and pool builders who must undertake 12 CPD points per year to maintain their building licence. By enrolling into any of our courses you could earn up to 12 CPD points (full day), covering the annual requirement. If a partner or business associate accompanies an attendee in a course they can accumulate up to four extra CPD points which can be carried over to your next year's requirement.
|196.35 KB||196.35 KB|
|193.97 KB||193.97 KB|
|732.19 KB||732.19 KB|
policies and procedures
The Master Builders Education and Skills participant handbook details policies and procedures related to your enrolment as well as participation in training and assessment programs, including the fees schedule. Before enrolling in a course or program, all participants are required to read this handbook.
What we do?
The Master Builders Education Centre in Sydney’s Norwest features the latest tools and equipment to facilitate your learning experience. Technical skillsets are trained in workshop and classroom environments which are part of the best practice initiatives in our training programs relevant to the needs of the job.
Master Builders understands and respects how busy work and life is so we have designed our courses with accessibility and flexibility, with many courses being delivered on weekends.
Professional Development Short Courses are offered throughout NSW, and can be delivered at local venues, at your worksite or in schools. We also offer training solutions customised for your business needs.
Our trainers are currently working in the industry in their chosen field of expertise, living up to our motto: “By the industry, for the industry”. Providing quality education and training, we are empowering individuals to build a successful career in the building and construction industry.
The benefits of training to you
- To help those along their pathway to a licence, we can assess existing skills and experience with our on-site assessment, which can be conducted in your time at your workplace
- Qualifications increase your employability and improve your reputation across the industry
- Update your existing skills with professional training
- Supports your career growth and development
- CPD points are available for Short Courses and Professional Development Seminars /Workshops
- For eligible participants, training may be subsidised by the NSW Government. This can reduce fees for the participant as the NSW Department of Industry supports their learning.
- Tax deductions for course and training participation
The benefits of training for your business
- Supports the growth of the business
- Increase business capacity and productivity levels
- Closing skills gaps
- Develop crucial transferable skills employees need in the evolving construction industry
- Comply with industry regulations and building code
- Assist you to meet procurement guidelines for government projects
- Reduce staff turnover
- For eligible businesses, enrolling employees into apprenticeships and traineeships may be subsidised by the NSW Government
- Tax deductions for course and training participation
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Any person in Australia who is undertaking a vocational education and training qualification or course is required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Before you enrol with Master Builders you have a Unique Student Identifier. If you do not already have yours, take 5 minutes to register today at https://www.usi.gov.au/
NSW Government Subsidised Training
Master Builders has a contract with the NSW Government (Department of Industry) to offer and provide training and assessment programs under the government's Smart and Skilled program. Eligibility and course availability criteria apply. To find out if you are eligible visit the Smart and Skilled NSW website. Master Builders’ training consultants can also assist you with your enquiries.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Master Builders offer a range of qualifications and courses that recognise your existing skills, which can assist on your pathway to an industry licence.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the process by which you can achieve a nationally recognised qualification, without the need to attend classes. You are assessed by providing us with evidence of the knowledge, skills and experience you already have. Our industry expert assessors review your submission and provide feedback if we require more information or clarification.
For more information on RPL, go to: https://www.mbansw.asn.au/rpl
All courses offered by Master Builders have entry requirements. Refer to the course page for requirements specific to the course or program of your choice.
General items that may be required prior to undertaking training include:
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) https://www.usi.gov.au/
- Current General Induction (white card)
- Medicare Card
- Photo ID or Passport/Visa (where required)
- Resume/detailed work history
Qualification courses and other courses leading to an industry licence may include an application process. During this application, you will be required to answer a series of technical industry questions related to the field of study. The application, including the technical industry questions, should take less than 30 minutes to complete. These questions are designed to identify your existing knowledge and the likelihood of successfully completing your chosen course. There is no fee for completing the application.
Terms and Conditions: For our full terms and conditions please read our Participant Handbook. Enrolment into any of our courses requires a participant to accept these Terms and Conditions.
Building Licence pathways
HOW CAN MASTER BUILDERS HELP ME GET QUALIFIED?
If you are looking to get qualifications for builders licence then you have come to the right place. Master Builders is the Building Industry Association in NSW and as such takes responsibility to ensure that builders have access to the best learning resources in NSW. Part of this responsibility means ensuring we provide licensing pathways for those who need to be qualified and training to ensure the quality of those employed in the industry. It also means support to those on the pathway to obtaining a building qualification (Certificate IV in Building & Construction), as well as supporting the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) of current builders in the industry.
NSW Fair Trading provides all licensing for builders and tradespeople that carry out work in the building industry in New South Wales.
In order to apply for a NSW builders licence (contractor licence in building), you must have the required qualifications and experience as directed by NSW Fair Trading.
Find out everything you need to know about becoming a licenced builder on the NSW Fair Trading website.
For tradespeople in NSW looking to apply for their builder's licence, Master Builders offers various pathways for you to get the qualifications you need to apply for your builder's licence.
We not only provide Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) with onsite assessments, we also provide workshop-based training and assessment at our dedicated training facility.
Based on your current experience, you might be able to consider the following qualification pathways on offer at Master Builders:
CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
Upon successful completion of any of the above qualification pathways, you will be awarded a nationally recognised qualification, with which you can use towards applying for your builder's licence.
Contact us today to find out more about how Master Builders can help you get qualified.
Trade Qualifications & Licences
One of the many services that the Master Builders Education Centre provides is trades licensing pathways. Our range of trades is expansive, including waterproofing, painting, tiling, carpentry and bricklaying to name but a few. For tradespeople in NSW looking to gain their builder's licence or trades qualification, we not only provide recognition of prior learning (RPL) with onsite assessments, we also provide general training for things such as pre-purchase home inspections. Based in Baulkham Hills and servicing all of NSW, our trades training courses, such as carpentry and waterproofing, focus on hands-on experience and practical-based classes that are designed around the work hours of a typical tradesperson. Whether you want to gain a Certificate III in your trade have an enquiry about your building certificate, or are looking to add valuable trade skills to your current resume, we can help you.
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
We have a COVID-19 Safety Plan to provide and maintain a safe environment for our students. All students who attend our Master Builders centres must adhere to the following regulations as a condition of entry:
- All students, trainers, and staff must meet the following vaccination requirements to attend face to face training at Master Builders NSW:
- Have both COVID-19 vaccines or
- Evidence of a medical exemption
- Evidence of vaccination status or medical exemption must be provided to Master Builders staff on arrival at the centre
- Students, trainers, staff, and visitors are required to check in with the Services NSW App
- Students must sign an attendance sheet when they attend class
- Sanitiser is supplied for students and trainers to sanitise their hands before they enter and leave the classroom and practical workstations
- Regular hand washing and good hygiene practices are encouraged
- Students are limited to one student per desk while in the classroom
- During practical training, students must wear gloves, a face mask and safety glasses at all times. Other PPE may be required depending on the task being undertaken
- During practical training, if work cannot be done individually due to safety issues, group work must be limited to a maximum of three students per group and only for the duration of the activity that cannot be done individually. Groups must adhere to all the PPE requirements indicated for practical training and must maintain 1.5m social distancing with other groups.
- Students will not be permitted to share tools and equipment, and are encouraged to bring their own where possible
If you would like a full copy of our COVID-19 safety plan, ask our receptionist on entry to class.
*Subject to change. Effective from 18/10/2021.
Next anticipated change 01/12/2021.