Master Builders is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 6163), accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority. Our aim is to provide you with the quality training you need for a life-long career in the building and construction industry.
We are committed to supporting the continued growth of the building and construction industry and adapt to the future needs of the workforce with our industry best practice education and training programs:
- Pathways to builder and trade’s licences
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Recognition of your existing skills and experience
- Short courses with nationally recognised units of competency
- Professional Development seminars and workshops with CPD points
- Customised training for your business development needs
Regional Training Offices
Training is also offered across our regional network in Newcastle, Ballina, Wollongong, Port Macquarie, Gosford, Ulladulla, Orange and Albury.
CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
CPD (Continuing Professional Development) is a requirement in NSW for all builders and pool builders who must undertake 12 CPD points per year to maintain their building licence. By enrolling into any of our courses you could earn up to 12 CPD points (full day), covering the annual requirement. If a partner or business associate accompanies an attendee in a course they can accumulate up to four extra CPD points which can be carried over to your next year's requirement.
|1.33 MB||1.33 MB|
policies and procedures
The Master Builders Education and Skills participant handbook details policies and procedures related to your enrolment as well as participation in training and assessment programs, including the fees schedule. Before enrolling in a course or program, all participants are required to read this handbook.
What we do?
The Master Builders Education Centre in Sydney’s Norwest features the latest tools and equipment to facilitate your learning experience. Technical skillsets are trained in workshop and classroom environments which are part of the best practice initiatives in our training programs relevant to the needs of the job.
Master Builders understands and respects how busy work and life is so we have designed our courses with accessibility and flexibility, with many courses being delivered on weekends.
Professional Development Short Courses are offered throughout NSW, and can be delivered at local venues, at your worksite or in schools. We also offer training solutions customised for your business needs.
Our trainers are currently working in the industry in their chosen field of expertise, living up to our motto: “By the industry, for the industry”. Providing quality education and training, we are empowering individuals - male and female - to build a successful career in the building and construction industry.
The benefits of training to you
- To help those along their pathway to a licence, we can assess existing skills and experience with our on-site assessment, which can be conducted in your time at your workplace
- Qualifications increase your employability and improve your reputation across the industry
- Update your existing skills with professional training
- Supports your career growth and development
- CPD points are available for Short Courses and Professional Development Seminars /Workshops
- For eligible participants, training may be subsidised by the NSW Government. This can reduce fees for the participant as the NSW Department of Industry supports their learning.
- Tax deductions for course and training participation
The benefits of training for your business
- Supports the growth of the business
- Increase business capacity and productivity levels
- Closing skills gaps
- Develop crucial transferable skills employees need in the evolving construction industry
- Comply with industry regulations and building code
- Assist you to meet procurement guidelines for government projects
- Reduce staff turnover
- For eligible businesses, enrolling employees into apprenticeships and traineeships may be subsidised by the NSW Government
- Tax deductions for course and training participation
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Any person in Australia who is undertaking a vocational education and training qualification or course is required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Before you enrol with Master Builders you have a Unique Student Identifier. If you do not already have yours, take 5 minutes to register today at https://www.usi.gov.au/
NSW Government Subsidised Training
Master Builders has a contract with the NSW Government (Department of Industry) to offer and provide training and assessment programs under the government's Smart and Skilled program. Eligibility and course availability criteria apply. To find out if you are eligible visit the Smart and Skilled NSW website. Master Builders’ training consultants can also assist you with your enquiries.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Master Builders offer a range of qualifications and courses that recognise your existing skills on-site, which can assist on your pathway to an industry licence. Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) programs offers the convenience of a Master Builders assessor coming to your workplace while you complete project-based tasks. Start your pathway to a Builder or Trade Contractor licence in 3 easy steps:
1. Enquire with us or apply online with our free 3 step application process
2. Enrol and receive your RPL guide
3. Be assessed on your work site
All courses offered by Master Builders have entry requirements. Refer to the course page for requirements specific to the course or program of your choice.
General items that may be required prior to undertaking training include:
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) https://www.usi.gov.au/
- Current General Induction (white card)
- Medicare Card
- Photo ID or Passport/Visa (where required)
- Resume/detailed work history
Qualification courses and other courses leading to an industry licence may include an application process. During this application, you will be required to answer a series of technical industry questions related to the field of study. The application, including the technical industry questions, should take less than 30 minutes to complete. These questions are designed to identify your existing knowledge and the likelihood of successfully completing your chosen course. There is no fee for completing the application.
Terms and Conditions: For our full terms and conditions please read our Participant Handbook. Enrolment into any of our courses requires a participant to accept these Terms and Conditions.