Join the MBA and get great discounts and other member benefits
Contact us if you have issues logging in.
The electricity system is changing. Many builders have heard of the term ‘smart meters’, but may not know what they can do. Unlike traditional meters, the smart meter has a range of capabilities and services that can benefit your clients and energy providers.
These benefits include:
• Transmit energy use data to energy providers and home owners, so that meter readers are no longer required
• Monitor the supply of faults and advise supplier of the problem
• Receive and carry out instant commands to disconnect and reconnect from temporary power to permanent power
• Interface with home owners of home energy uses via two way interface networking
• Savings on electricity bills with up to date information with energy use
Keep your eye out for energy services providers offering competitive prices on smart meters in the near future which can be installed by a broad pool of Accredited Service Providers Electricians in your local area.
The smart meter legislation will not come into effect until the government is satisfied that a sufficient level acceptance has been achieved for the rollout. MBA will keep members informed on further developments.
For more information, click here to download the Smart Meters in NSW fact sheet or the Ministers announcement.
Back to list
02 8586 3555